Title: Development and Research Assistant
Time & Duration: This is a temporary, part-time hourly contract consultant estimated at 20 hours a week. There is a possibility of an extension and/or full-time associate position based on performance.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021.
Summary of Adhikaar: Adhikaar, meaning rights in Nepali, is a New York-based nonprofit organization working with Nepali-speaking communities to promote human rights and social justice for all. Established in 2005, Adhikaar is the only organization providing essential services and mobilizing the Nepali-speaking community to raise our voices and take collective action against injustices on issues affecting us. We achieve this through organizing, community education, grassroots advocacy, leadership development, and direct services. Our program areas are workers’ rights, immigrant rights, access to healthcare, and language justice. It is a fast-paced office with many programs going on at once and the right candidate will thrive in such an environment.
Position Summary: The Development & Research Assistant will work under the supervision of the Development & Research Manager to support Adhikaar’s fundraising, research, and evaluation. They will work as part of a team to implement an effective and dynamic fundraising plan including but not limited to program tracking and administrative components of fundraising. The person must be detail oriented, a strong writer, comfortable working under pressure, and work as a team player in close collaboration with Adhikaar staff, partners and members.
Key Responsibilities: The Development and Research Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Development and Tracking:
- Work with the Development & Research Manager to prepare funding proposals, reports, and other fundraising related efforts.
- Conduct donor research and identify potential fundraising prospects.
- Maintain fundraising tracking systems to ensure proposals, reports, and funding prospects are updated in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support for Adhikaar’s individual donor program that includes donation acknowledgement, online and offline fundraisers and other events organized by or featuring Adhikaar.
- Prepare quarterly program reports working with the Communications team.
- Help design and execute public facing reporting materials, including graphics, information, and other content to update the broader community, partners and funders.
- Regularly update programs deliverables tracking for program staff.
- Represent Adhikaar at events to promote the organization.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Support Adhikaar’s research and evaluation capacity, including data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- Support new research and data analysis projects that can help advance Adhikaar’s policy and advocacy agenda.
- Draft research briefs and reports as needed.
- Demonstrates commitment to Adhikaar’s mission and vision
- An understanding of challenges faced by low-income and new immigrant communities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including internet research, social media, Google Apps, MS Office, and spreadsheet management.
- Experience performing administrative tasks in a professional office environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as lead independent projects, and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Experience with databases/or high degree of experience with Excel and other data management programs preferred.
- Excellent English proficiency and Nepali preferred.
This is an hourly, temporary, and contract position. The work outlined above will total to an estimated 20 hours a week. New York City candidates preferred.
- Resume and cover letter: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Research and Development Assistant Position”.
- Please indicate your desired hourly rate of pay.
- Submit a 1-2 page written sample.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Adhikaar is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness among its staff.