Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
Time: This is a temporary, part-time hourly contract position (estimated 10-15 hours a week)
Duration: August 15, 2023 – December 15, 2023 (with a possibility of extension)
Position Summary: The Communications Intern will work under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator to support Adhikaar’s communication needs. The intern will also work alongside staff on coordinating digital training and following up on digital needs.
Key Responsibilities: The Communications Intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create digital graphics and short digital animations for multiple platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Adhikaar’s website,
- Plan, and execute timely social media posts across all platforms,
- Brainstorming communications ideas for campaign,
- Take photos/videos of Adhikaar’s various program events and rallies,
- Support with managing and organizing Adhikaar’s internal photo/video library,
- Support communications team at live and online events, and
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current members engagement online.
- Provide language assistance as needed,
- Provide support for Adhikaar’s special events as needed,
- Must be available for travel and work engagement after-hours on an as-needed basis, and
- Support other organizing and administrative duties as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to Adhikaar’s mission and vision,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work setting and follow the office-mandated office Covid- 19 protocols,
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills;
- Good computer skills including Canva, Action Network, Google Apps, MS/Excel, and Office,
- Ability to pay attention to details and be self-motivated,
- A willingness to learn,
- Must be based in New York City;
- Bi-lingual: Nepali and English required; additional skills in Tibetan are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “YOUR NAME – Communications Intern Application” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Application deadline: July 30th, 2023